Now Days Travelling has become an essential part of our lives. We travel to various cities and countries for various reasons ranging from vacations to personal or business trips. There are some countries which issue’s visa instantly, some at the time of arrival while some countries that fall under the Schengen Agreement and they need different type of Visa known as the Schengen Visa. In this article, we will discuss all the important points that are needed for
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from Pakistan
. This article will breakdown the all-important point into a single article.
What is Schengen Visa?
Schengen Visa is a type of Visa that is issued to those who wish to travel multiple (Total 26) countries falling under the European Union as well as Europe in general.
These European countries have settled down terms and made it super easy for travelers to get a unified Visa that lets travelers enter any of these countries without the need of separately getting Visas for each of them.
This makes it easier for the travelers and it leads into a boost of tourism in these exotic destinations as well. The word “Schengen” came from a village in southern Luxembourg where this agreement was signed. Currently, the number of states that come under the Schengen agreement is 26.
In this article is covering just two main types i.e. Tourist and Business Schengen Visas.
The Schengen area is a made up of 26 European countries who agree to common entry and exit requirements. As long as Schengen area entry requirements are fulfilled, Schengen visa holders have special privilege’s such traveling easily between Schengen countries without going through border controls.
Schengen Area Countries
- the Czech Republic
- the Netherlands
* Two pieces of latest Schengen Visa application form – the original form and a copy of it.
* The family registration certificate from NADRA and attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
* Passport which is machine-readable, and should have validity at least three months longer than your last day of stay in Schengen countries.
* 3 recent color passport sized photographs. The photographs should not be edited in any sort.
* Property document, if applicable, with 2 copies. English translation preferred.
* National ID Card.
* If married, 2 copies of marriage certificate in its native language as well as in English translation.
* The proof of employment in English. The duration of employment must be mentioned.
* Application of leave from the employee, that has been approved for the duration, for the trip. It must be in the English language.
* Applicant of the business trip must have documents of registration of the business. Proof of tax payment of the previous two years and registration of business must be shown. These documents must be in English translation.
* Employed applicants must bring payment slip showing proof of employment along with proof that the employee shall continue after return to the country.
* Copies of all previous Visas (For information: a good travel history makes it more likely that you will receive the applied Visa. However, it doesn’t guarantee it.).
* Copies of all previous and current passports.
* Copies of round-trip air ticket along with the whole route of the trip. The original ticket may also be collected when Visa is being received.
* Applicant should have valid proof of funds enough to cover the whole trip. (For information: each Schengen Visa has different minimum fund requirement. The funds should be at least sufficient to cover the country of longest stay.)
* Travel insurance of the applicant is mandatory. It should provide coverage for up to 30,000 Euros/ 50,000 US Dollars. The presentation of insurance should state all the necessary information and also the benefits. The policy should cover emergency hospital treatment, medical attention, and repatriation for medical services on spot. It is always useful and sometimes life to save for travelers to have well-planned insurance. Insurance is especially useful to cover any medical expenditure since medical facilities are very expensive in some countries. ABC has a travel insurance policy calculator that lets you search, compare and purchase a travel insurance policy in a few clicks. You can also read our write up on best practices to maintain and possible pitfalls to avoid while getting a travel insurance policy.